Let’s Tackle the Grease in This Kitchen!
Why should I help?
- Prevent grease buildups from blocking sewer lines
- Stop sewer overflows into streets and storm drains
- Reduce the number of times you have to clean your grease trap (food services)
- Save money spent on costly cleanups of sewage spills
- Protect the quality of our water
More Ways to Tackle Grease
- Use environmentally safe cleaning products instead of harsh detergents or cleaners that can damage sewer lines.
- If you generate large amounts of used cooking oil, recycle it. To find a recycler, check the phone book under “recyclers” or “rendering companies.”
- If you generate small amounts of used cooking oil, pour it into a container you can throw away. Never pour it down the drain.
- Start a compost pile at your home with scraps that are not meat. Read Composting: Don’t be squeamish, give scraps a second life
Source: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality