Recycling & Trash
Addison Trash Collection
- Commercial: The Town of Addison does not provide commercial solid waste collection services. Businesses (including apartment complexes) contract with private collection companies.
- Residential: The Town of Addison contracts with Waste Management, Inc., for the collection of garbage from single-family residences.
- Days of collection: Collection occurs at curbside or alley Monday and Thursday beginning at 7:00 a.m. Please do not put any type of trash or recycling items out any sooner than the night before collection day.
- Holidays: Service is suspended for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day if the holiday falls on a Monday or Thursday.
- Days of collection: Residential large items and brush collection occurs every Monday
- Special collection on weekdays other than Monday can be arranged by contacting the Public Works Department at 972-450-2871
- Days of collection: Curbside recycling is provided for all single-family residences in Addison every Monday beginning at 7:00 a.m.
- Recycling Containers: The Town of Addison provides green bins to its residents for recycling. Bins can be obtained by contacting the Public Works Department at 972-450-2840.
- Procedures: Place all recyclable materials in the green bin and place at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Monday. All recyclables can be commingled together in the green bin. On windy days, please place a brick or board on top of the bin to keep your neighborhood litter-free.
|DO RECYCLE||HOW TO RECYCLE||DON’T RECYCLE|
JUNK MAIL (Remove any plastic or non-paper items included in junk mail)
|Place loose in green bin or stack in bags on top of or beside bin. If it looks like rain, save for next week. Wet paper CANNOT be recycled.||Food and beverage boxes and containers|
(Food and beverage bottles marked with #’s 1-7 are accepted)
|Please rinse bottles and remove lids. Bottles may be crushed to conserve space.||Plastic wrap, plastic bags, plastic toys, or other types of plastic bottles such as those used for automotive or other hazardous materials|
|ALUMINUM AND METAL CANS
(Food and beverage cans, empty aerosol cans)
|Please rinse cans and remove labels||Scrap metal, paint cans, automotive product cans, pie tins, or disposable aluminum plates|
(Clear, brown and green glass food and beverage bottles)
|Please rinse bottles and remove lids and labels||Light bulbs, plate glass, auto Light bulbs, auto glass, tempered glass, mirrors, ceramics or any glass that is not a food or beverage bottle|