While some municipalities in the North Texas Region have gone to more severe outdoor watering restrictions in the wake of the ongoing drought, so far Addison has not. The Town is served by Dallas Water Utilities and takes its cue from that organization.
Still, residents need to be smart about usage in these parched times, and DWU offers these Water Conservation Ordinance guidelines for outdoor watering:
- Hand water or use a soaker hose. Both are permitted at any time.
- Maintain your sprinkler system. Repair any broken, missing or misdirected sprinkler heads.
- Automatic sprinkler system owners are required to have rain and freeze sensors installed.
- Don’t water during any form of precipitation.
- Don’t allow your sprinkler system to water driveways, sidewalks and streets.
- Don’t waste water by allowing runoff onto a street or other drainage area when you’re watering.
- Don’t water your yard between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. between April 1 and October 31.